Monday, December 2, 2013

Help! I need a book!

What happens when you have just finished the last book in your favorite series?  If you are like me, you have a good cry and then you begin your search for another book. Although there are many sources for book suggestions, my personal go-to is the NoveList Plus database for the  Recommended Reading Lists.

To get started, first go to Research from the library’s homepage. Then, choose Literature and scroll down to find NoveList Plus. On the left side of the NoveList home page, you will find several choices for recommended reading lists.  First, select the Fiction tab or the NonFiction tab.  Then, choose the age group you are interested in.  Finally, select the genre or subject. There are typically multiple lists within a genre or subject, depending on what you are in the mood to read.

I do love a good teen book that makes me laugh out loud, so I selected the Fiction tab, the Teen age group and the Humor subject.  I had my choice between Humor, Humourous Short Takes and Humor for Guys reading lists.  After reading the book summaries and various reviews, I made my decision and checked out Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, which promised to be a hilarious read!

--Stacey L., Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment