Monday, March 25, 2013

Benvenuto to Reference USA

I recently moved to the epicenter of all things Italian in St. Louis, The Hill, and my diet’s gone south. Who can blame me with Zia’s, Modesto’s, Milo’s, Vitali’s, Missouri Bakery, Amighetti’s, Guido’s, and Gioia’s Deli steps from my door?  I shop at DiGregorio’s, Viviano’s, Herbaria, and Girasole on a regular basis. Eating and buying local is important to the fabric of my community. A business owner found out I was a librarian, and she began picking my brain for ways the Italian-American Chamber of Commerce Mid-America could reach out to other Italian business owners in the area. Luckily Reference USA was able to help us out!

ReferenceUSA contains detailed profiles of over 14 million businesses throughout the United States that make finding a specific search, such as Italian business owners for the St. Louis Metro area, possible. We discovered over 4500 contacts she can use to help other Italian businesses do business with one another and Italy. This means more quality goods at prices that regular people can afford. It keeps people in business, supports the local economy, and nourishes a thriving community.Check out Reference USA, other business databases, and the Mind Your Business lecture series at the St. Louis County Library!


 --Anna H., Jamestown Bluffs

No comments:

Post a Comment