Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sleuthing my Swedish Cousin


I have a famous Swedish cousin whom I never met. Actually even our parents who were first cousins grew up in different countries and never met. I do not know a word of Swedish but I did not despair knowing I could try the Library's newspaper directory NewspaperDirect Press Display:

http://0-library.pressdisplay.com.iii.slcl.org/pressdisplay/fr/viewer.aspx

The information is current, unique and the international newspapers from around the world are in full-color and full-page format. Moreover, one can translate the information at a click and one can even chose to just listen to it. So I just entered my famous Swedish cousin’s name in the keyword search box and found articles in French. Then I clicked on "translate to English “and chose to listen to the articles in English.

--Roz K., Jamestown Bluffs Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment